First Name
    Bob
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If a cheap humidor can leave you needing to mess with it once a week that just won't work as we are known to take off for a week or two to visit family.

I do really want a glass top as they look nice and allow for a peek with just a glance. I think I'd opt for this and try to seal it if it fails to hold a seal.

I'm certainly leaning towards asking for one for Christmas so as not to need to save up my $100/mo hobby funds to buy one myself. I had been eyeing an 1862 Colt Police, but maybe that will wait a bit longer...
    "Were I to leave where else would I go? Your words of life and of truth You hold." - Third Day

"I ask not the favor given to Paul," Copernicus said, "I seek not the grace bestowed upon Peter--but I beg the mercy granted to the thief on the cross!" - Alexander Smellie 1899

"Amen....wine, beer or whisky can cure a lot of problems, or start a shitload of others!....." - droy1958

Advisor to Bum Wanabees RenoH414's Avatar  Cigar Bum Sponsor
    First Name
    Reno
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rodwha View Post
    I'm certainly leaning towards asking for one for Christmas so as not to need to save up my $100/mo hobby funds to buy one myself. I had been eyeing an 1862 Colt Police, but maybe that will wait a bit longer...
    Buy the Colt and some Tupperware!!! That's what I would do for sure. They make more humidors everyday but not Colts. Use the tupperdor until you can save enough for a good Marshall if you want a nice one that will last for years. That's what I wish I would have done. Just my $0.02 worth....

Reno

3. Likes BryGuySC liked this post
    First Name
    Bob
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I'm looking at isn't an original, but a reproduction by Uberti. It's only about $375 or so... I'd behave like Gollum were it an original!
    "Were I to leave where else would I go? Your words of life and of truth You hold." - Third Day

"I ask not the favor given to Paul," Copernicus said, "I seek not the grace bestowed upon Peter--but I beg the mercy granted to the thief on the cross!" - Alexander Smellie 1899

"Amen....wine, beer or whisky can cure a lot of problems, or start a shitload of others!....." - droy1958

First Name
    Bob
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Years?!?! A nice better last until I'm too old and weak to lift the lid!

Advisor to Bum Wanabees RenoH414's Avatar  Cigar Bum Sponsor
    First Name
    Reno
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah. I gotcha. That makes sense then.

Reno

Lonely Wandering Bum
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I avoid glass top humidors simply because I don't want light (any kind of light) hitting my cigars.

8. Likes Demuths1770 liked this post
    First Name
    Cameron
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jones View Post
    I avoid glass top humidors simply because I don't want light (any kind of light) hitting my cigars.
    Does your local B&M hand out night vision goggles for customers to browse the humidor with?

10. Likes Big Bull liked this post
    First Name
    Alan
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have had this 2yrs from cheaphumidors and never a problem! If there were they'd make it right. Shop with confidence.

Sorry about the fuzzy pic
    Last edited by AlanS; 04-23-2015 at 02:32 PM.
    Don’t wait for the storm to pass. Learn to dance in the rain.

First Name
    Kyle
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeede View Post
    Does your local B&M hand out night vision goggles for customers to browse the humidor with?
    with the turn over that cigar stores have light is not really an isusse for them lol. i would go with a tupperdor becuse once you start its your count will go up fast..... if you think a 100ct is going to work get a 200ct than. I started with a 30ct desktop and outgrew it very fast. made a tupperdor that held around 100 and it filled up. i have since built a tupperdor that holds over 200 i have a desktop i got in a pass that holds my higher end sticks that is full and the 30ct destop has infused in it. moral of the story... spend afew more bucks and go bigger
    Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle- George Burns

Jumpin’ Railcars and Collectin' Cans HIM's Avatar  Cigar Bum Sponsor
    First Name
    Cole
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demuths1770 View Post
    if you think a 100ct is going to work get a 200ct than. I started with a 30ct desktop and outgrew it very fast.
    This is so true and happens to most in this hobby. Buy bigger than you'll need and don't get it in your head that you have to fill the extra space just because you have it. Your humi won't end up jam-packed and you'll be able to move stuff around or rotate stock every once in a while. Much easier than when its packed to the gills.
    Many of us said "200 cigars would last me a lifetime thats plenty of space." Lo and behold 3 more tupperdors later your scratching your head wondering what the hell happened lol.

14. Thanks Demuths1770 thanked for this post
    Likes Billb1960, AlanS liked this post